AWS offers a great selection of database services that are aligned to your application requirements. These database services are managed completely and can be made available within minutes with only a few clicks. The AWS database services include the Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) with support from six frequently used database engines, Amazon Aurora, a MySQL- and PostgreSQL compatible relational database with five times the performance of conventional databases, Amazon DynamoDB, a quick and flexible NoSQL-database service, Amazon Redshift, a Warehouse-Service for data volumes in the petabyte range, and Amazon Elasticache, an In-Memory-Cacheservice including support from Memcached and Redis. In addition AWS offers the Database Migration Service, a service that enables the easy and inexpensive migration of your databases to the AWS cloud.
- Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) makes it easier for you to setup, manage and scale a relational database in the cloud. This service provides cost-efficient and individually adaptable capacities and, at the same time, performs time consuming database management tasks - so that you can better concentrate on the your tasks and your company. Amazon RDS provides you with a choice of six familiar database engines: Amazon Aurora, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL and MariaDB.
- Amazon Aurora is a relational database engine compatible with MySQL- und PostgreSQL, that connects the speed and availability of a high quality commercial database with the economic efficiency of an open-source database. Amazon Aurora offers an up to five times better performance than MySQL with the security, availability and reliability of a commercial database at a tenth of the costs.
- Amazon DynamoDB is fast, flexible NoSQL database service for all applications that require a consistent latency in a single digit millisecond range for all scaling operations. It is a completely managed cloud database, that supports the document as well as the key-value storage models. Due to the data-model’s flexibility and the reliable performance, the service is excellently suited for mobile, web, games, advertising, IoT and many other applications.
Network and the provision of contents
AWS network products make it possible for you to isolate your cloud infrastructure, to scale your request processing capacity and to connect your physical network with your private virtual network. AWS network products interact and enable the fulfilment of all application requirements. Elastic Load Balancing, for example, works together with Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and thus enables reliable network and security functions.
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC) enables a logically isolated segment of the Amazon Web Services (AWS)-Cloud, in which the AWS resources can be executed in a virtual network defined by you. You have the complete control over your virtual network environment, among others, for the selection of your own IP address sector, the creation of sub-networks and the configuration of routing tables and network gateways.
AWS Direct Connect
- With AWS Direct Connect it is easy to create a dedicated network connection between your location and AWS. With AWS Direct Connect you can create a private connection between AWS and your computer centre, your branch office or your colocation environment, whereby, in many cases your network costs can be reduced, the bandwidth throughput increased and a more consistent network function than with an internet based connection can be created.
Elastic Load Balancing
- Elastic Load Balancing distributes incoming application traffic automatically over more than one EC2 instances in the cloud. Thus a higher defect tolerance can be achieved: The load distribution capacity is seamlessly adjusted to the application data traffic.
Cloud storage is a central component of cloud computing because it contains the data used by the applications. AWS offers a comprehensive selection of cloud storage services that fulfill the requirements of your applications as well as those of compliance with respect to archiving. You have the choice between object, file, and block storage as well as cloud data migration options, with the help of which you can create the basis of your IT cloud environment.
Amazon Elastic File System
- Amazon Elastic File System (Amazon EFS) provides a simple, scalable file storage for Amazon EC2-Instances in the AWS Cloud. It supplies a file system interface with standard access semantic for file systems for Amazon EC2 instances. EFS extends and reduces the capacity automatically and offers a high throughput at constantly low latencies. EFS was developed with a view to high availability and reliability and provides performance for quite varied processing loads and applications, including Big Data and analyses, media processing workflows, content management, webserver, container storage and start directories
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) is an object storage that was developed to enable the storage of all data types and the access to these data types via the internet. It is secure, 99.999999999 % reliable and can be scaled to tens of trillions of objects. S3 is used for the backup and retrieval of multilevel archives, user supported contents (such as photos, videos, music and files), data lakes for big data analyses and data warehouse platforms or as a basis for a serverless data processing design.
Amazon Elastic Block Storage
- Amazon Elastic Block Storage (Amazon EBS) provides consistent block storage with a low latency for Amazon EC2 with a high availability. As a result you receive the correct storage capacity and performance for your applications at a reasonable price. EBS was developed for workloads needing a persistent storage which can be accessed by the individual EC2 instances. Typical application cases are relational and NoSQL databases (such as Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Cassandra or MongoDB), Big-data-engines (such as the Hadoop/HDFS-System or Amazon EMR), stream and protocol processing applications (such as Kafka or Splunk) and data-warehousing applications (such as Vertica or Teradata).
In your company everything depends on the data processing - no matter whether you create mobile apps or execute massive clusters to decode the human genome. With AWS you get a robust and scalable platform with which organizations of all types and sizes can quickly drive innovation. AWS offers various products for data processing with which you can provide, execute and scale your applications as virtual servers, containers or code.
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) is a flexible service that offers individually adaptable, cloud based data processing capacity in the form of EC2 instances, which correspond to virtual servers. You can commission one or thousands of instances simultaneously. In doing so you only pay for the instances used. Cloud computing as a webservice made easy: We offer many different types of instances that are optimized for various application cases. You can choose how you pay for instances. You can optimize your application based on your company’s requirements and minimize costs.
- Amazon Lightsail is the simplest method of starting and managing a virtual private server with AWS. Lightsail contains everything you need to start your project: a virtual machine, SSD based storage, data transmission, DNS management and static IP - and all this at a reasonable, predictable price. Start within seconds with a preconfigured operating system and application images and manage your resources easily with our user-friendly console. If your app needs extended functions such as managed databases, a content delivery network or one of the dozens of other functions, you can connect these additional AWS services with your Lightsail server.
- With AWS Lambda, you can execute code without having to provide and administrate as server. You only pay for the computing time you use - no costs are incurred if your code is not being executed. With Lambda you execute code for almost every type of application or every back-end-service - that without administration. Simply upload your code and Lambda takes over everything else that is required to execute and scale your code for high availability. You can install your code so that it is automatically initiated by other AWS services, or call it up directly from any web or mobile app. Lambda is the centerpiece of the serverless data processing, with which you can create and execute applications and services without having to bother about a server.